Quizlet is an educational application that provides a platform where students can create flashcards for free. This Quizlet for students is very useful for better knowledge and understanding of one or more subjects. It is usually a preferred application for students in primary or secondary schools. Quizlet provides users with reading aids and flashcards to enhance their learning.
Memorizing can be quite difficult and challenging for some students. To get the best from the learning process, it is important for students to register on the Quizlet software. They will have access to flashcards easily instead of having to make their own. Additionally, any student on Quizlet can also access the ones that other users created previously. So, if you have a big examination coming soon or have any difficulty with studying, quickly sign up on Quizlet. This post is going to show you how you can sign up and begin to maximize your time effectively.
Minimum system requirements for Quizlet
Before using Quizlet on your computer, you need to ensure that your computer can match up to its minimum requirement so that it can work effectively. Some of its requirements include:
- Operating System: Windows 7, 8.1
- CPU: 1 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 1 GB RAM (32-bit)
- Hard Disk Drive: 20 GB (64-bit) or 16GB (32-bit)
- Display resolution: SVGA (800 X 600) and 128 MB graphics memory for Aero support
Pricing of Quizlet for students
Quizlet offers a free service to all students with wonderful features. However, it also has paid versions for those that want to access extra features. The Quizlet Go plan is $35.88 dollars yearly, it is ad-free and makes it possible to use the application without an internet connection. The Quizlet plus is $47.88 for a year with all the features in Go and much more. With the Plus subscription plan, you will be able to track your progress as you go. You will be able to add custom images, diagrams, and audio to your set. Furthermore, your study paths, grading, text formatting will be customized.
Features of Quizlet
Let us take a look at some of the amazing features that makes Quizlet a preferred educational software. Quizlet for students offers tons of features that are useful whether they are inside or outside the classroom. Below are some of the best of this software:
- Learning: This is a tool that Quizlet uses to assist students. As they progress, the questions increase in difficulty. It notices the progress of every user and recognizes their strength and weakness. This is one tool that assists students in studying at their own pace.
- Spelling Mode: This feature helps with pronunciation and spelling. A word is read out and they will have to input the right spelling of the word.
- Flashcards: This is yet another feature that helps students in Quizlet. It lets them look at flashcards on their mobile or computer so that they do not have to go around with bulky notes. Students can access their flashcard on a friendly interface from anywhere.
- Gravity: This is kind of a game mode of studying. The definitions of terms move vertically on the screen and users are expected to type the terms before it disappears on the bottom of the screen. This can help to memorize the definition of words.
- Write: This works just like the gravity feature on Quizlet. It also provides definition and expects students to type the correct word to math. It can be very practical and challenging for students. If they type a wrong word, then they will be able to view their corrections.
Quizlet for students is also beneficial to teachers, professors and instructors. They can use the platform to make study sets students can access. They can use it to help students in learning effectively and efficiently.
How to get Quizlet for students
Quizlet is a free software where students can sign up to study any subject they want. If you are a student and you want to start using this platform, navigate to the Quizlet homepage. Then click on the “Sign Up” button at the top right of the page. A popup form will appear on the screen asking you to create an account. Fill in a username, birthday, and email. If you have a Gmail or Facebook account, you can sign up with those ones. Create a password and then sign up.
Students that are below the age of 13 will need to provide their parents or guardians email address during the registration. If you are not up to 13 years, you can read more about younger users account.
Finally, students can start studying and maximizing their time using Quizlet for free. This post has enlightened you with all you need to know about using this platform. You can now easily register and begin to enjoy its unique features.