In this post, you will learn how to download the Autodesk Revit student version and then install it. For a beginner, you may ask what Revit is all about. For those of you who are in the engineering, manufacturing, and teaching fields or students of architecture, Autodesk will ring a bell. But if it does not, then read on.
Autodesk is a leading American software developer that creates software for designs in technology for use by the architects, engineers, construction, manufacturing, media, education, and entertainment industries. Furthermore, it is the developer of Revit, building design software. Besides, this software enables your workflows in 3D Building Information Modeling (BIM).
As a student, you can use Revit tools to make architectural designs, MEP engineering, structural engineering, and construction. In addition, you can explore Revit’s toolkit which has Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, and Revit Structure software in one interface. Also, the software lets you do a seamless change from AutoCAD to Revit software anytime you want. Now that you know what you can use Revit for being a student, let us explain how you can now download the Autodesk Revit for students.
System requirements for Revit for students
These are the minimum system requirements to run the Revit 2020 – 2023 software as a student without any difficulty on your computer.
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit, and Windows 10 Enterprise plus Windows 10 Pro
CPU Type: Single- or Multi-Core Intel, Xeon, or i-Series processor or AMD® equivalent with SSE2 technology
Highest affordable CPU speed Memory: 8 GB RAM, 100 MB on disk.
Features of Revit 2023 Software
- You can make Design, Optimize and Connect
- Make use of Autodesk BIM 360 next-gen collaboration tools
- Great Improvements for IFC4 support
- Also, there are Dimensions for curved objects in section views
- Introduced Revit and Structural Precast Extension for Revit 2019
- You have the AAPI for precast automation
- Also, the software comes with Precast automation for lattice girder slabs
- Improved 3D modelling and communication of fabrication instructions
- You have Connect and Slit railings
- Inclusive are Tools for detailed Steel Design enabling more streamlined design-to-fabrication workflows
- You can optimize decision-making and create more complex piping networks
- There is extended countrification of Revit for use in DACH
- You now have the power to communicate design intent with more complex fill patterns and more life-like renderings
- In addition, you can work with an immersive design and do more of your modelling in 3D
- Utilize your working space with tabbed views and multi-monitor support
- Finally, you have better control of overview graphics with “or” in filters
Downloading the Revit for Students
- Go to the Autodesk Education Community.
- And, search for Revit in the list of free education license products below and click on Revit to get it
- Therefore, if you have an account sign in. If not create an account.
- And then set up your education profile by entering your country, role- student, and date of birth. And Click Next.
- Also, tell Autodesk how you plan to use the software and your area of study. Select the name of your University. And, enter the year of graduation and the year you enrolled in the University. And then click on Next.
- After that, your education account is set up right away taking you closer to the Revit student version software.
- Also, Click on the Continue Key to go to the Education Community Website to Download the Revit student version software.
- Now, select the version of Revit, the Operating system, and your language.
- At this point, the serial Number, Product key, file Size, and Authorized Usage are displayed on the screen. Also, this same license information is sent to your email.
- And on the same page, you have the “Install Now button” located below. Click on the drop-down menu on the install now button and select download.
- Next, you will see the Autodesk Web manager or Web Installer for your operating system (.exe for Windows .dmg for Mac and so on)
- Click on Save File. This will save it in your download folder.
- That is how to download the Revit student version software.
How to Install the Autodesk Revit for Students
- And then click on the Arrow Button on the installer, to open the file and install it on your computer.
- At the time you are installing the software, enter the product key and serial number sent to you earlier.
- Note, that the first time you start the software; you will get a prompt to activate your license. That is the date your three-year term of the trial begins.
Learning to use the Revit software
In this post, we showed you how to download the Revit student version from the Autodesk website. However, to get the software, you should create an Autodesk account and be registered as a student in a recognized Institution in the USA or other parts of the world to get the 3-year free trial. Use it to evaluate the product before you buy it.