In this article, you will learn to download Fusion 360 student software, install and activate it. Are you a technical student, an engineering lecturer or into product development and manufacturing? If you said yes to those questions then pay attention. Autodesk is bringing you valuable software and allowing you to use it for 3 years free. You can use this software to coordinate your product development procedures and launch the products faster into the market.
Fusion 360 breathes life into your creative ideas when you use its intuitive and intelligent tools. Also, Fusion 360 helps students and their lecturers to get the required training they need to improve design for future generations.
In addition, it is a unique 3D CAD, CAM, and CAE software. Besides, it enables you to connect the whole of your product development procedures into a single cloud-based platform. You also use this software for mechanical, technical designs and 3d modelling. Additionally, you can get it for your business. And work on your project from anywhere in the world with an internet connection, your desktop and cloud computing. The software is great and I am sure you want to test drive it. So, let us show you how you can get the Fusion 360 free trials now. Although there are 3 ways to get this free trial, we will share how you can get the Fusion 360 for students right away. Let us start now.
System Requirement for Fusion 360 student software
- Operating System for Apple: macOS Mojave v10.14; Apple macOS High Sierra v10.13; Apple macOS Sierra v10.12 Note: Support for Mac OS X v10.11.x (El Capitan) ended in January 2019. Learn more
- Operating subsystem for Microsoft: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 (64-bit only) CPU Type 64-bit processor (32-bit not supported) Memory 3GB RAM (4GB or more recommended) Graphics Card 512MB GDDR RAM or more, except Intel GMA X3100 cards Disk Space 2.5 GB Learn more
Autodesk provides educational licenses of Fusion 360 for students that you can use for 3 years. And you can get the download from Autodesk’s website.
Ways for downloading Fusion 360 for Students
As I said earlier, there are 3 ways to get the Fusion 360 free trials.
- They include getting it for commercial purposes. Here, you will get full access to all features and functionality, free for 30-days, including 300 cloud credits.
- Also, for hobbyists or Noncommercial use, you get a license for 1 year.
- And, finally for Educational use. You must qualify as a student, Educators and Academic institution to use the software for 3 years.
However, in this post, we are sharing a download link to Fusion 360 for students for educational use. Let us begin with the system requirement for the download to succeed.
Steps to get Fusion 360 student download
- Visit the Autodesk Education Community
- Search for and choose Fusion from the list of software on the page.
- And if you have an existing Autodesk account, Sign In but if you don’t, click to Create Account and immediately.
- Next, type in the information needed about your educational institution and choose your field of study.
- After that, your education account is set up right away.
- At this point, you now have access to the Autodesk Education Community.
- The next thing you should do is to choose the version of the software you want to download, your operating system, and the language you prefer.
- After doing that, instantly the serial number and product key will be displayed on your computer screen. You will also receive this information by email.
- And on the same page, you have the “Install Now button” located below. Click on the drop-down menu on the install now button and choose Download.
- Next, you will see the Autodesk Web manager or Web Installer for your operating system (.exe for Windows .dmg for Mac and so on)
- Click on Save File. This will save the file to your download folder.
- At this point, you have now downloaded the fusion 360 for students.
How to Install the Autodesk Fusion 360 for Students
- First, use your Autodesk email and password to sign into Autodesk.
- Locate the Fusion installer file on your computer download folder and click on it to start it
- And then click on the Arrow Button on the installer, to open the file and install it on your computer.
- During the installation process of the software, type in the product key and serial number you received earlier by email from Autodesk to unlock the software (if the system does not detect it automatically).
- And when you start the software for the first time after installing it, you will get a prompt to activate your license. And that is the date your three-year term of the trial begins.
- That is how to install fusion 360 for students.
Learning to use the Fusion 360 app
- You can start learning how to use the Software by going to Education Resources: Education Resources for students & educators and Design Academy.
In this article, we explained how to download Fusion 360 for students. It is simple and fast to do. To get the software, sign up for an account at Autodesk to register as a student to access the education community. And then, get the 3 years to evaluate the product before you purchase it. Hope this article helps you to get the Fusion 360 application with ease.