In this post, you will learn how to download 3ds max student version of Autodesk Software and install it for educational purposes only. So, if you are wondering what 3ds Max is, let me explain a bit more.
Autodesk 3ds Max is software for making 3D animations, models, games, and images. The developer of this software is Autodesk Media Entertainment. 3ds Max gives you fast performance for rendering Animation. It enhances efficient workflows that enable you to increase productivity no matter how complex the job may be. In addition, you can use this application for computer graphics, film, and TV animation, for doing product prototype and for making game apps.
That is why Autodesk software has millions of users who are professionals in the fields of engineering, media, and entertainment. Also, architects and engineers love 3ds Max due to its capability to interface with AutoCAD, making it the preferred solution for premium architectural designs.
However, its not free. It cheap at $1,470 (annually). But, because Autodesk is dedicated to education, it allows students, educators, and educational institutions free access to their design software, creativity tools, and learning resources.
They also allow 30 days free trial for the full version and a student’s evaluation copy. So, in this post, I will show you how to download 3ds max student version.
- Operating system: Use Windows 7 or higher versions like 8, 8.1 and 10
- CPU: 64-bit processor
- RAM: 4 GB RAM minimum, 8 GB or increasing the Ram is recommended
- Graphics Card: You should get comprehensive information on GPUs that are approved
- To get more information Click here.
Autodesk gives educational licenses of 3ds Max that you can use for three years. Also, you can see this information on Autodesk’s website. Furthermore, you can follow these steps to download the educational version of 3ds max for academic purpose only.
- Click to sign in if you have an existing Autodesk account, or click on Create Account.
- And then enter the information they need about your educational institution and pick your field of study.
- After that, your education account is set up immediately.
- And you now have access to the Autodesk Education Community.
- Next, select the version of the software you want to download, operating system, and the language of your choice.
- Instantly, you will see the serial number and product key displayed on the screen. Also, you will receive a copy of these licenses by email too.
- And on the same page, you have the “Install Now button” located below. Click on the drop-down menu on the install now button and select Download.
- Next, you will see the Autodesk Web manager or Web Installer for your operating system (.exe for Windows .dmg for Mac and so on)
- Click on Save File.
- This will save the 3ds max student version software on your computer download folder.
How to Install the Autodesk 3ds max Student Version of Software
- Locate the 3ds max installer file on your computer download folder and click on it to start it
- And then click on the Arrow like Button on the installer, to open the file and install it on your computer.
- During the installing process of software, type in the product key and serial number you received earlier by email from Autodesk to unlock software.
- When you start the software for the first time after installing it, you will get a prompt to activate your license. And that is the date your three-year term of the trial begins.
- That is how to install 3ds Max student version of the Autodesk software.
Learn how to use 3ds Max application
- You can start learning how to use the Software by going to Education Resources: Education Resources for students & educators and Autodesk Design Academy.
Features Autodesk 3ds max
Now that you know how to get this 3ds max student version software, you should also see the array of features of this intelligent application.
- Creates Particle Flow Special effects
- It has Max Creation Graph Controllers
- Has Raytracer Renderer
- It can render in A360
- Motion Paths
- Lovely 3D Animation and Dynamics
- MAX to LMV
- Gives 3ds Max Fluids
- Simple model data import
- You can link it live with Stingray Game Engine
- Easy character Animation and Rigging Tools
- Also, you have a Crisp 3D Rendering
- Enhanced Active Shade Rendering
- Has a Physical Camera
- Better pipeline Tools Integration
- Arnold for 3ds Max
- And neat Asset Packaging
- General Animation Tools
- Comes with Data Channel Modifier
- Besides, you can modify Hair and Fur
- Comes with clean UI, Workflow, and Pipeline
- Can convert Scene with ease
- Has the Asset Library
- in addition, you can modify workspaces
- Able to do Spline Workflows
- Can do Mesh and Surface Modeling
- With high DPI Display Support
- Has Geodesic Voxel and Heatmap Skinning
- Besides, you can do 3D Modeling, Texturing, and Effects
- Assign Texture and Editing
- Has Blended Box Map
3ds max student version: Conclusion
In this post, we showed you how to download 3ds max student version of Autodesk software. So, to get the educational version of this application, you have to create your account and visit the educational community to begin the download. Besides, you will get the activation key on your screen and by email. Finally, install the software and use it for 3 years.