In this post, we will share how to get a NordVPN student discount. As a student getting a discount is perfectly normal since you are still in college. And most service providers give one discount or another and NordVPN is no exception. Many service providers all over the globe make an effort to give their products out free to persuade the user to buy. Many buyers love free trials which they use to evaluate a product before buying. But one of the best VPN service providers called NordVPN is using free trial and discount, with a slight difference. So, in this post, you learn how to get the free trial and also get your money back.
Meaning you will use the premium VPN service free of charge for 30 days. The trial is risk-free as they provide you with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Let us see how to get this 100 per cent NordVPN student discount. Therefore, if you are ready, let us begin the tutorial.
Steps for getting a NordVPN student discount
Follow these steps.
- Visit NordVPN’s website and click on “Get NordVPN“.
- The next page that opens is where you are supposed to select a subscription plan. (Note that all their subscriptions have a 30-day money-back guarantee.) So, choose the best option that is available like the 3-year plan.
- And create an account. To do that enter your email address and payment details and click Continue. When you do that you will receive information to go and check your email address.
- So, go to your email, open the email message from NordVPN and then click on the link to verify, and then activate your account immediately.
- And then you need to create a password for your account at NordVPN.
- Your payment card is verified and then your account is charged.
- After that, the next thing you should do is download their software to your device. Also, their system will route you to the best version of the software for whatever device you have.
- After downloading the application, install and open it and then you will see another prompt to type in your login details.
- You can now begin to use NordVPN. In addition, you have access to all the settings, their servers, and many locations.
- That is one way to get a NordVPN student discount by a risk-free trial.
Does NordVPN have a student discount?
NordVPN has chosen to give you its full premium service with a money-back guarantee since it doesn’t have any special discount for students. What that means is that you can use their product for 30 days. Also, they will refund your money if you are not satisfied with their service. And you can get a full refund of your money as they claim in their ads provided you ask for it within 30 days. Also, you must get your subscription directly from their website and not through agents.
In addition, you can use the service without any limits for 30 days. Furthermore, this gives you access to, a Cyber suite and a kill switch for your internet connection and their app. Finally, just like its paid service, you can use the proxy service for free.
How to get a NordVPN student Discount using a coupon code
Since this company does not offer a NordVPN student discount, there are other ways to get a discount. You can choose to get a Deal direct from NordVPN or Search for Coupons from websites that promote these offers.
And if you use coupons being promoted by other websites, you will have to first create an account with the website and then you are redirected to the NordVPN website to apply your coupon code.
But to play safe deal directly with the service provider?
Just visit their pricing page and you will see the offer from NordVPN. For example, you can get a 70 per cent discount on the price if you take up NordVPN’s 3-year plan that costs $3.49 per month billed every 3 years. And when you compare the 3-year plan to the 1-month plan which will cost you $11.95 per month, the savings are huge. And you also have a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you don’t like the service. It is riskless.
So, choose the 3-year plan again and enter your payment details and then create an account with NordVPN by entering your email and choosing a password. After doing all that, then download their software and start using the service.
This is just like the free trial in the sense that for you to use the offer, you must enter your credit card and then cancel the offer in 30 days, to get a refund of your money. If you use this method, you would have gotten a NordVPN student discount and still used the service free.
How to Claim a Refund from NordVPN as a student
After the NordVPN free trial, or discounted offer, how do you get your money back? If that is your concern, then don’t worry because, at NordVPN, it will not be hard to get your money-back guarantee.
So, assuming you do not want to continue with the service, you can ask for a refund easily. Follow these steps.
- Visit the NordVPN website. Next, click on “My Account” and put your email and password that you have set for that Nord VPN account.
- Look for “My Services”, and select the three dots next to “Change Plan”. When you do that you will see a link that says “Cancel automatic payments.”
- So, click on “Cancel automatic payments” and click again to “Confirm the Cancellation” on another message box that you will see. That is all you need to do.
- It is cancelled. So, after you have turned off the automatic payment on your account. You will get a message telling you that you have done it.
Request for a refund of Subscription
The next, thing to do is to “cancel your account with Norvpn and request a refund”. To do that you must work with their “customer support”.
- Go ahead and click on the “Question mark icon inside a ball” located on the bottom right side of the screen. You will see a box immediately with a message to Click on contact NordVPN support by email or live chat.
- So, click on “Email” and fill out the small form there. Choose “Payments department”. Make sure you enter other details like your payment method, subscription plan, the amount you paid, plus the date you made the payment.
- Look out for “Description”. State that you don’t feel the service is the best for you and you need to get a refund. (Note that you may not tell them any particular problem or reason for wishing to get a refund of your money.)
- And in about an hour, their customer support will contact you by email.
- Reply that you need a refund.
- After that, you will get your refund between 24 to 48 hours.
In this post, we showed you how to get a NordVPN student discount. You are able to get a 70 per cent discount by using their 3-year plan or a riskless NordVPN free trial. And in both cases, you get a 30-day money-back guarantee to enable you to test the service and make a choice about whether it is good for you. Although you need to enter your payment details, the good thing is that you can get a refund when you want. Hope this article helps you to try the service with peace of mind even as a student.
- How To Get Bitdefender Student Discount (Mac/Windows)
- Download the Civil 3D student version
- How to get a Doodly student discount