DreamSpark is a no-cost solution for students to develop their ideas. They provide students with free developer tools, resources, and many more to equip them with skills and knowledge that will be helpful to them career-wise. Microsoft said the purpose for this is to allow students to chase their dreams and create the next big breakthrough in technology or just to get a head start in their career”. With free access to developers tools, students can become familiar with expensive programs they might be unable to afford. They can start using them to develop games, websites, and many more. This post will guide you on how to get DreamSpark for students.
Microsoft DreamSpark is an old program that provides students, and educators with professional developer tools. They get these tools at no cost whatsoever. All that is needed to build games, applications and websites are handed over to students. The aim of this is to provide students with a platform that will give them an edge in their career. They can chase their dreams and make excellent discoveries in technology early in life.
The software was started in 2008 and from then till this now, it has been free for students worldwide. Microsoft renamed DreamSpark in 2016 and it became Microsoft Imagine. Even with a change of name, they still provided students with the developer tools they need to bring their great ideas to life.
How to get Dreamspark for students
DreamSpark is quite easy to get. Students that want to download the software and begin to use their developer tool should follow the steps below:
- First, you should navigate to the Imagine official website in your browser. Then click on the Create my Student Account button in the middle of the page.
- Now, click on Proceed by signing in with your Microsoft account. If you do not have an account, you need to create a new one. You can do that by following the instructions on the page.
- The next thing to do now is to verify your academic status. To do this, you need to input the email address of your school where required. Once you do this, you will get a verification email.
- Ensure you enter your school’s email when required. This is to enable you to have access to the DreamSpark software for students.
- Read through the subscription agreement before agreeing to the terms. You should click on the empty box when you agree.
- Now choose to verify academic status. Then proceed to check your school’s email and follow the instructions in the mail you receive.
What are the tools in DreamSpark?
Microsoft DreamSparks (Imagine) provides two subscription options. As students, when you sign up on the platform, you get access to your school’s subscription. The two available options are Standard and Premium.
The standard plan is used in elementary to higher institution. It includes applications like SQL Server, Visual Studio, MS OneNote, Visual Studio Professional, VS Community, Windows Embedded, and Windows Server.
The premium plan is for STEM departments. It includes services like Windows Client, Windows Server, Visual Studio, VS Enterprise, VS Community, Microsoft Visio, Windows Embedded, MS Project, Microsoft OneNote, SQL Server, BizTalk Server, and SharePoint Server.
Students can also choose additional services like Microsoft Azure, Windows Dev Center, Windows Virtual Academy, in the Imagine catalogue.
Benefits of using DreamSpark for students
The DreamSpark platform can be very beneficial to students. It provides students with tons of developer tools so that they can gain the knowledge and skills that will help their career. They can learn to develop games, applications, and websites. They get a headstart in life which will positively help their career. Having access to free tools can also boost their performances and increase their chances in class.
Microsoft also holds contests that students can participate in. They can win great prizes and also have access to great opportunities. They can also become a Microsoft Student Partner and work alongside professionals.
Furthermore, students who sign up for DreamSpark will have access to free training online by experts across different field. As students, they can learn and come up with groundbreaking technology with all this opportunity in their grasp. Students need to embrace Microsoft DreamSpark (Imagine) as it provides them with opportunities that will be highly beneficial to them in future.
Finally, you should start using DreamSpark for students after going through this post. Do not be confused with a change of name, DreamSpark is also the same as Imagine. You can begin to access developers tools and start having in-depth skills and knowledge in the technology world.
- How to get Seesaw for students
- How to get Vimeo for students
- Download Adobe Illustrator for students