In this post, we will explore how to get Microsoft Azure for student. What is Microsoft Azure? Azure is a set of cloud computing services created by Microsoft to solve problems that businesses face. Azure gives you preferred tools and frameworks to build, manage and expand applications on a global scale. For instance, Azure makes sure that your business is ready to face future challenges and enable you to scale up on your own terms.
It also helps you to use a secure cloud computing technology and to integrate your business on the cloud and on-premises. But, the Microsoft Azure for Students Starter Offer, gives you access to a free fully managed cloud offering that enables you to build and deploy native and web apps in minutes. You can use the platform for 12 months and you have $100 credit to spend on Azure services.
Besides, Azure’s main function is to let you write in the simple programming language you choose and to run code on-demand without worrying about infrastructure or server. Moreover, you do not need a credit card for the Azure for Students Starter offer. Azure is free always unless you want to upgrade to a Pay-As-You-Go subscription online. So, now that you have the facts about Azure, allow me to show you how to get Microsoft Azure for student.
Getting Microsoft Azure for students
Eligibility Criteria and limitations
Azure for Students Starter is for students who are 13 years or older and live in the United States, or 16 years older and live in other parts of the world. And you must verify your academic status using your school or college email address (or Shibboleth if your organization has that facility). This offer is not for use in a massive open online course (MOOC) or in other professional training of commercial organizations.
In addition, the offer is for one Azure for Students Starter subscription per eligible customer. And you cannot transfer it or combine it with any other offer unless permitted by Microsoft. Finally, you can cancel subscription anytime and the offer is for customers located in one of the following countries or regions. Learn more.
Steps to open Microsoft Azure student account
- To get this offer, you need to have a Microsoft account and an academic e-mail account to verify your student status.
- Also, if you don’t have a Microsoft account, first, register using this link https://signup.live.com/.
- And then, go and open your email that you created to get the Microsoft Azure. And verify it by clicking on the email verification link. (Note that the link will last for only 5 days.)
- After opening a Microsoft account then visit the Azure page at https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/free/students/
- And click on the “Activate” button.
- Azure for student starter opens. So, sign in using your Microsoft account and click on Next.
- After signing in, the next step is to verify your student’s status by using your campus .edu email account.
Verify Your Academic Status
- Please enter your email and click on verify academic status.
- Then you will be redirected to the Microsoft Azure page to complete your registration.
- Subscription agreement. Next, Accept the subscription agreement, and privacy statement and to receive an email from Microsoft.
- Finally, you will see the Azure Welcome page to show that you have successfully registered for the program.
- Start building your projects in the cloud and choose any of the learning paths on the page to showcase your Azure skills.
- That is how to get Microsoft Azure for student.
- Next time just go straight to the Microsoft Azure Portal: https://portal.azure.com/ and sign in with your Microsoft account.
- You can visit the Education Hub to download free software after activating your Azure for Students’ offer.
Conclusion: Azure for students
In this article, we explained how to get the Microsoft Azure for student. To start the process, you need to open a Microsoft account. And then use your Academic email address to verify your student status. Then you will have a free $100 to explore Azure products. Start developing software to solve today’s problems now using the Azure platform. You have the offer for 12 months.
- Revit Student Version Download for Mac/Windows
- AutoCAD 2017 Student Version Download
- InDesign Student Free Download For Windows 10, 7, 8 & Mac