In this article, you will learn how to get Bluebeam for students. Are you a student of Architecture, Engineering or Construction? Do you want to have a software that would enable you to design faster, construct and complete projects smoothly? If you do, that software is called Bluebeam Revu.
What is Bluebeam? Revu can make your work smarter and quicker. Bluebeam Revu will also enable you to collaborate more and increase your efficiency. Moreover, the software was created for you in the Architectural, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry. Besides, the Bluebeam Academic Program is empowering the next generation of AEC professionals to gain competitive advantage. It offers a free academic license for 1 year.
Also, Bluebeam Revu has three editions namely the Standard, CAD, and eXtreme. And, the free licenses of Bluebeam Revu extreme are for schools, students and educators. All you need to qualify for the free Revu license during the academic year, is to be an educator or currently teaching or enrolled as a student in architecture, engineering or construction courses. Furthermore, if you are a student or an educator and have the “.edu ” email address, you can get a license for 1 year. This you can get at a discount for $99. So, let us give you the necessary steps you need to get the Bluebeam for students software free.
How to get Bluebeam for students
Note, that Bluebeam has stopped supporting the development of the software for Mac OS as of March 1, 2019. It is currently doing only maintenance sales and renewals. Also, Student and education licensees care not eligible for professional home use (PHU).
Operating Systems: Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit), Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit), and Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit).
Bluebeam Revu for Mac is only compatible with these operating systems: macOS High Sierra (10.13) macOS Sierra (10.12) Note, that Bluebeam has stopped supporting the development of the software as of March 1, 2019, for Mac OS and is currently doing only maintenance sales and renewals.
Steps to get Bluebeam for students
- Navigate to the Bluebeam academic page at https://www.bluebeam.com/communities/education
- Fill the form on the page with your name, last name, school email, choose whether you are a student or educator, state what you will use Revu for and pass the reCAPTCHA test.
- And then click on the Contact Us button.
- At this point, the officials of Bluebeam Revu will contact you. And grant you access to download the student version of extreme. his you will use during the academic session.
- When you get the link for Windows double click on it to download the executable file.
- And Click on Save File to save it in the download list of your computer.
- Also, you can also gain access to the software by using your school campus-wide license. Therefore, request for the free license by emailing your Professor or school authorities in charge of the license.
- That is how to get Bluebeam for students.
Benefits of Bluebeam to students
The Bluebeam Academic Program is devoted to sustaining student competitors in regional and national Architecture Engineering and Construction (AEC) competitions.
Therefore, if a student starts using the Bluebeam Revu early in competitions, they become more prepared for their future careers in those industries.
Furthermore, Bluebeam partners with organizations like ASC. They do this to support the efforts of educators and industry professionals. They also do so to make sure that the students have the skills that they need to create groundbreaking building projects in the near future.
Besides, Bluebeam offers a free 30-day trial of Revu eXtreme, for you to test drive the software before you buy. This is another way to get Bluebeam for students.
Plans and prices
Here are the plans and their prices.
- You have Revu standard selling at $349
- Revu Cad at $449 and
- Revu eXtreme at $599.
In addition, you can buy the software anytime you want to have it for a full year. To do so, visit Bluebeam web store.
In this post, we shared how to get Bluebeam for students. Moreover, you can get the software if you are in architecture, engineering, and general construction studies. Also, you have access to the campus-wide license of your college. This you can use during the academic session. Besides, as an eligible student, you can get an academic discount. This is if you wish to buy a personal copy of the software at $99 per year.