In this post, we will explore how to download SAP2000 student version. We will also get an evaluation copy of the software.
SAP2000 is flexible civil-engineering software. It is used for analysis and design. With it, you can design any type of structural system. SAP2000 has become one of the most reliable integrated productive software. It is also a practical general purpose structural program. In addition, the intelligent interface lets you develop structural models fast. Furthermore, you can use it for all of your analysis and design tasks. Besides, you can use it to solve daily problems. Additionally, its features make it suitable for basic and advanced systems. Besides, you can also use SAP2000 for education.
The developer has provided noncommercial licenses. These licenses are in three categories. The first one is for Academic pricing. Here, the University faculty or Administrator has to apply with its letterhead and submit a quote request. While the second one allows anyone to apply for evaluation. Then lastly, the SAP2000 Student Version. To get the student version, you must request for a copy of the software through your professor.
Without any further delay, let us show you how to get SAP2000 student version now.
Limitations of SAP2000 Student Version
- You cannot save Models with more than 100 point objects.
- Models with more than 100 analysis joints cannot be analyzed (linear).
- Besides, models with more than 30 analysis joint cannot be analyzed (nonlinear)
- Also, 64-bit analysis is not available.
- A student cannot apply for the software.
- For Academic pricing, the university faculty or administrator has to apply with its letterhead and submit a quote request.
Steps for getting the SAP2000 student version
- Go to the csiaamerica.com. Then, click on the “sales and pricing https://www.csiamerica.com/sales/pricing
- Next, click on “Noncommercial pricing”
- Also, on the page that opens, you will see details of the pricing for students and educators.
- For students, you need to request for a copy of the SAP2000 student version of the software through your professor.
- The professor should send an email to email@example.com with a valid University email address.
- Upon receipt, the developer’s Support will respond directly to the Professor.
- You will get a link to download the software through the professor’s email address.
- Hence, that is how to download SAP2000 student version.
Features of the SAP2000 software
- Has a single user interface. This is for you to execute your modelling, analysis, design and reporting.
- This software has varieties of templates. This is for you to quickly start creating a new model. It has parametric templates for several structures. These structures include: Simple Beams, 3D Trusses, 3D Frames, Storage Vessels, Staircases, Dam Structures and pipes.
- You will be a able to view and manipulate analytical and physical models. This, you will be able to do with great precision. It can easily custom views and develop evaluations to view and manipulate complex geometry.
- SAP2000 has various grid systems in a model which can be rotated in any direction or placed at any origin within the model.
Limitations of SAP2000 software Evaluation
There are many limitations to the evaluation version of the SAP2000 software. They include:
- Models made in the Evaluation version are not compatible with the commercial version, and vice-versa.
- And that the Evaluation version should not be used to start any real project.
- You may not be able to access the Models made with the Evaluation version after the evaluation license expires or when there is an update of the evaluation software.
- And you can only open Models created in the Evaluation version for 30 days. After that time, you cannot open them but you may create a new model file.
- You cannot import the model data or export them.
- Besides, you can only view output on-screen.
- The load cases number is limited to 5.
- In addition, there is no user interface.
- You cannot do 64-bit analysis.
- There is no open API
- Also, the CSiLoadOptimizer is not included in the software
- And external plug-ins are not included too.
Steps for getting the SAP2000 student version evaluation copy
- Go to the downloads page at https://www.csiamerica.com/support/downloads/software-evaluation-request?productnid=221&product=1
- Fill a form to evaluate SAP2000 software. So, enter your personal information, company name, and address. Also, fill your zip code, state, and country. Then, agree to get emails from CSI.
- Next, click on the “Submit” key.
- You will get an email from the company in one business day.
- Once you get it, you will be eligible to download the software and use it.
- The basic annual price is $2000. While, the annual maintenance is $350.
- The Plus price is $5,000. While, the maintenance is $875.
- Advanced price is $8,000. While the maintenance is $1,400.
- Ultimate price is $12,000. While and maintenance is $2,100
- You can learn more about license prices by visiting the price page on the website.
Ways to learn SAP2000 software for students
Visit the website. Then, open SAP2000 videos. Watch and Learn about the software. This will make you gain knowledge of structural engineering philosophy and practice.
Eventually, in this post, we showed you how to download the SAP2000 student version. To get the software, your professor must apply on your behalf. He must apply for you using the University email. Also, the developer’s Support will respond and make available the download link for you to get the limited version of the SAP2000 student version. We also told you how to apply for the evaluation copy. Do so and get the software.