This article is about how to download Vectorworks for students. And if you are a student making designs for your college course, Vectorworks will give you the complete toolset, for making intuitive designs that bring your genius to reality. What is VectorWorks? Vectorworks is a multipurpose, application that gives you extensive 2D drafting, 3D modelling, and BIM plus rendering capabilities for your landscape design needs and architectural workflows. VectorWorks is a complete software that meets all your Architectural design needs. Additionally, with the integration of BIM, you are able to add construction information to the designs you make and to report information when you need to.
Furthermore, some of the tools integrated into the software, let you express your freedom to make spontaneous designs easily. In addition, Vectorworks student version is a free educational software. And all you need to do to get it as a student is to fill your email address, verify your student status, and other information needed to get it. To move us a bit further, let us explore how to download Vectorworks for students.
How to download Vectorworks for students
Limitations of student software
If you are a student, it doesn’t matter where you live. You can download a free copy of Vectorworks software and start creating awesome designs that you have always had in your mind. However, the files you create using the student license, are watermarked and cannot be used for commercial work.
The VectorWorks software is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. So to get more facts about the general system requirements, click this link.
How to apply for Vectorworks student license
- Visit the Vectorworks Student Portal at https://student.myvectorworks.net/
- If you already have an account Sign In. If not, create an Account. And you can do that by entering your .edu email address and then creating a password. After, that you can click on Create.
- After this action, you will receive an email link for you to activate your account.
- So, open your email and click on the link from VectorWorks to activate your VectorWorks account.
- And then log in to the Vectorworks student portal to confirm your account is ready by entering your email and password.
- Next, enter all your profile information and click on the Update button below the forms. On the page that opens you will get a confirmation that update was successful
- Also, you will have to click on the Request software tab. But you need to prove your student status before you can get the software.
- Therefore, upload your student ID, proof of enrollment or academic employment. And you can scan your ID in PNG, TIF or JPG format.
- Finally, once your ID is verified and approved, your request for software is granted.
- And you will receive a 30-day serial number and download link. You now have a temporary Vectorworks for students license.
Download and Install 30-day Vectorworks student software
- To download the software, log on to your VectorWorks Student Portal, and click on either the Mac or PC links.
- After downloading it, run it to install your Temporary software for one month.
- And to activate it, enter the serial number you had received earlier to finish the installation. And then start using Vector Works.
Download and Install the 12 months software
- After a while, you will receive another confirmation email from VectorWorks that your request for software has been approved. And that you will have to activate the software in 30 days.
- So long into your VectorWorks Student Portal to locate your 12 months serial number.
- Then go ahead and Remove the 30-day temporary software and Add the 12 months license. Just copy the 12 months serial number and paste it into the field provided for it and click on Add.
- You now have the Vectorworks license that will run for 12 months.
- Besides, after it has expired, you may enter your student ID and password and apply for an extension.
- That is how to get the Vectorworks for students’ software.
In this post, we explained how to download Vectorworks for students. The process starts with the creation of an account at the Vector Works Student portal. And then you verify your account and student status with your student ID and then apply for the Software. At this point, you will get a temporary software for 30 days, followed by the 12 months software license. Moreover, you can request for an extension when the software expires. Enjoy your free CAD software.
- Download MATLAB Student Version for Windows And Mac
- Revit Student Version Download for Mac/Windows
- How to download QuickBooks for students