In this post, we will reveal how to get Apple Music for student plan. You will learn how to qualify for a student discount, the cost and how to cancel a subscription. The love for music cuts across all ages, races, and gender. Whether you are sad or happy there is a type of music you can listen to for any mood. Thankfully, Apple Music offers a streaming service that you get by subscription and you can access the list of songs you like using different devices. In addition, it offers three plans with different features and prices. They are Individual, Student and the Family plan. The student plan costs $4.99 monthly. But, if you are a student, and wish to get an Apple Music Student subscription, you could receive a discounted membership of up to 2 years though, not at a stretch.
But to be eligible for an Apple Music Student Membership, you must be a student studying a bachelor degree, post-graduate degree, or equivalent Higher Education course at a University, College (the US only) or Post-Secondary School (Canada only). And in Japan, Junior, technical colleges, and special courses qualify to join. You can find out more about those countries and regions. Besides after joining Apple Music as a student, the UNiDAYS, a student validation service must verify that you are truly a student in a higher institution and continue to do so from time to time. Therefore, without any more delay let us show you how to get Apple music for student.
Devices that you can use to get membership
You can join apple music using various devices like your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, Android device, and Mac or PC. However, in this post, we will explore how to join apple music as a student using your PC or Mac. But, if you wish to join as a new member of Apple Music using other devices, you can. Learn more.
Steps to join Apple music for student using your Mac or PC
- Launch iTunes on your PC or Mac.
- In the higher-left corner, choose Music, then, click “For You” at the top of the iTunes window.
- And if it is your first time of joining Apple Music or used a trial before, click on the trial offer.
But, if you had signed up before to Apple Music, just click Sign In, and change to a Student subscription.
- Also, click the Get Started tab, and then select College Student or University Student.
- Next, click Verify Eligibility. At this point, a browser window will open.
- Now type in your academic (.edu) or personal email address and look for your institution’s name. Note that UNiDAYS verification service may use this email to confirm your eligibility.
- Also, if you already have a UNiDAYS account, just click “Already verified with UNiDAYS?” and Log on using the email address recognized in your UNiDAYS account.
- But, if you’re studying abroad, first click “Studying outside of [country name]?” and modify the country or region. And you can get help anytime, by clicking UNiDAYS Support.
- At this point, you can Sign in to your institution’s portal. Note that in some countries and regions, you must be connected to your institution’s Wi-Fi network or provide your academic email address to gain access to the Apple Music offer.
- After you have signed in and it is confirmed that you are a student, you will be redirected to iTunes to finish the membership process.
- So, if you’re joining Apple Music for the first time, click on the offer for a trial to begin your Student Membership. If not, you can click Start Student Membership.
- And when you get a prompt, confirm your Apple ID. But if you don’t have an Apple ID, click on Create Account.
- Next, you have to confirm your billing information. However, you will not receive any bill until the trial ends. So make sure you enter a suitable payment method and then click Join.
- Also, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions.
- And then select genres and artists that you prefer. You may also view what your friends are listening to and receive alerts when artists release new music.
- That is how to get Apple music for student.
Apple music plans and prices
Here are the plan and the prices with different features. The Individual plan is at $9.99/mo. While the Student plan costs $4.99/mo and the Family plan costs $14.99/mo. Learn more
How to cancel a free trial on your Mac or PC
You should, however, note that if you cancel Apple Music, you will no longer have access to the Apple Music catalog, or to any music that you added to your Library and the features of Apple Music when current subscription period expires. But if you cancel during your trial period, you will instantly lose access to the catalog and features of Apple Music. To cancel using the Mac or PC on which you signed up for Apple Music, click this link and View my subscription and follow the steps to cancel your subscription.
In this article, we explained how to get apple music for student. To get it, you have to be eligible as a student and sign up for it using your Apple ID and payment card. Also, you must stay in the regions or countries that are eligible to get the offer. Furthermore, you could receive up to 48 months trial though not at a stretch when you sign up. But you have the chance to cancel if you wish to stop the service to avoid recurrent billing. We hope this guide, will enable you to try apple music today with ease.