Amazon Prime Student is the online giant’s offering for students. With all of the benefits of the standard Prime membership, plus student discounts, and a cheaper fee, it’s definitely worth signing up for. Here’s why you need to know about Amazon Prime for Students.
What is Amazon Prime?
A little recap, or introduction, if you don’t know what Amazon Prime is. Basically, it’s Amazon’s subscription service that gives subscribers lots of benefits like one-day delivery on items and unlimited streaming of videos and music all in one place.
As well as all of that, there are other benefits of being a Prime member including:
- Same-day grocery deliveries-really convenient when you don’t have time to squeeze in shopping between lectures;
- Early access to Amazon sale deals;
- Access to games when you want to play and reading for when you want to rest;
- A ‘try before you buy’ option on selected items- when money is tight, it can help you avoid buyer’s remorse on purchases.
Can students get a discount on Amazon Prime?
Yes, and even better than that, you can get a free trial for six months! Yes, you read that right. That’s pretty generous when you consider that subscribers to the standard Prime membership only get 30 days free.
All you have to do is sign up for the free trial, and once it ends, you’ll move onto the paid subscription, unless you cancel. You can cancel any time before the free trial ends and it won’t cost you a thing.
What’s included in Amazon Prime for Students?
- Free, unlimited next-day delivery on millions of products. You can even get same-day in some areas!
- You can stream and watch thousands of TV shows on Amazon Prime Video. That’s what study breaks are for, right?
- You can also listen to over two million songs on demand with Amazon Prime Music.
- Exclusive deals and price drops on Amazon Prime Day. The perfect opportunity to splurge on gifts before you head home for Christmas.
Whatever you need to make student life less costly and more convenient, Amazon’s got it covered.
How much is Amazon Prime for students?
Amazon Prime Student is £3.99 per month once the free trial ends, or £39.99 per year, if you choose the annual subscription.
How to get Amazon Prime Student
You’ll need to create an Amazon account to sign up for a student membership.
Already got an account? Head to the Amazon Prime Student homepage.
Click the orange button that says ‘Try Prime Student’. This will redirect you to an eligibility form.
Enter the details of your University, your First name, Last name, Date of Birth, and Graduation Year.
You’ll also need to add a Payment method and Billing address.
Click ‘Start your 6-month trial.’
What else do I need to know about Amazon Prime for Students?
If you have a standard Prime membership, you can share your Prime account with other members of your household, not so with the student account.
You also can’t sign up more than once for Prime Student, so if you had a membership in the past then cancelled it, you can’t sign up again.
A student Prime membership is valid for up to four years, and unless you cancel, you will be charged the standard Prime membership fee after this time.
So there you have it. If you like your online deals, exclusive benefits, and you love streaming TV shows, films, and TV, Amazon Prime Student is a snip at £3.99 month. That’s a lot of benefits for the same price as your average latte.