In this post, we will explain how to get YouTube tv student discount. You will also learn how to share your membership cost by creating family membership.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is a TV streaming service that contains live TV from 70+ broadcast, cable, and local sports networks. When you subscribe to YouTube TV, you will get live sports and must-see shows. Also, you get a DVR with unlimited storage space limits. And pay for one subscription yet, receive six accounts. Besides, you can watch on all of your screens, including mobile phones and tablets, television, and in a web browser on your computer. Furthermore, YouTube TV also includes YouTube Originals and trending YouTube videos.
However, the Student Membership options on YouTube, are limited to either a YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium. And there is no student discount on YouTube tv. But you can create a discount after the trial in a creative way and watch YouTube TV on up to three devices at the same time.
So, let me show you how to get YouTube tv student discount immediately.
Steps to get YouTube tv student discount by free trial
You can sign up for YouTube tv using your android devices, computer, iPad and iPhone. In this post, we are sharing how you can signup using the computer.
- To sign up start a web browser and go to tv.YouTube.com
- Then, click the button to start a free trial.
- And then sign in with your Google account.
- Next, confirm your home location. By entering your home zip code. ( Confirm it using your device location permission.) Note that this data will enable you to get access to the right local network.
- And then customize your membership. By reviewing the networks added to your YouTube membership. Also, you will see the price of membership and billing date. So, click next to go to the next step.
- You can add other premium networks if you want any. To do that click on the circle icon near a network and then click on continue when you finish.
- Next, confirm your credit card to get YouTube tv student discount using a free trial.
YouTube TV costs $49.99 + tax per month as of May 13, 2019. If your free trial period of 14 days ends, you will also be charged $49.99 per month.
How to get Shared YouTube TV memberships and family groups
To get YouTube tv student discount, you may consider forming a group of students living in the same environment and attending the same school.
You can form a group of six members and contribute the price of $599.88 for one year. And then use the service at a discount to each member who would be contributing $8.3 per month to the group.
How the Family Group Works
Therefore, you can create a family group to share YouTube TV plus other Google apps and services with up to 5 other people and you become the family manager. You will be the one to buy and set the home location and then invite or remove family members from your family group.
Each family group member can create their own personal library of content on YouTube TV. Also, what you view and DVR are all yours and YouTube will not share your library or watch history with your family group.
Moreover, creating this family group will enable your members (students) to stream on at least 3 devices at the same time.
Steps to set up a family Group to get YouTube tv student discount
- To sign up, go to https://tv.YouTube.com/settings/family and click on TRY Family
- And then Sign in to YouTube TV.
- Also, choose your profile photo > Settings > Family sharing.
- And then choose Set up.
- Also, click on Create a Google family group.
- And also choose Cancel or Next.
- After creating the family, your family members will receive an email invitation to join the group and use their Google accounts to sign in.
- Limitations of family Group – members must be 18, live in the USA and not be part of another family and cannot sign up using a g-suite account.
- This is another way to get YouTube tv student discount using the family group.
You can confirm the System requirements for streaming YouTube Tv.
And watch YouTube TV on your mobile device, and some smartphones and tablets. You can also watch in a web browser on your computer and on Chromecast devices. Furthermore, you can download the YouTube TV app on specific devices to watch YouTube TV on your TV and ROKU devices.
In this post, we shared how you can get YouTube tv student discount. To get it indirectly, you can start a 14-day free trial by signing up with your Google account. And after the trial expires you can get a YouTube family group made up of six students to share the bill. Besides your members can watch on 3 devices simultaneously. Try it today.