How to get Spotify for students
This Nollytech post will teach you how to get spotify for students. Also, you will learn how to put Hulu, SHOWTIME, and Spotify into a bundle so that you will get only one bill, and to cancel the trial if you wish to do so.
What is Spotify?
Spotify is a music and podcast streaming platform. You can get music on your phone, computer or other smart devices from millions of tracks on Spotify. Additionally, you can browse through your friend’s library, artists, and celebrities, or create a radio station and sit back to enjoy Spotify.
Spotify usually offers premium discounts to its teeming users from time to time. But, we would like to inform you that you would have to try the Student premium plan which lasts for 90 days with your credit card. Also if you subscribe to the Spotify Student premium plan, you will get Spotify, Hulu, and SHOWTIME, all three for just $4.99 per month. By starting the Spotify premium student plan, you will save up to $21.98 per month.
At the end of a year, you would have up to 50 percent, off a Premium subscription. You see normally the Hulu (with ads.) plan costs $5.99 per month, Spotify Premium costs $9.99 per month and the SHOWTIME costs $10.99 per month. If you do the math you will see the real benefits in getting the Spotify students plan. Furthermore, once you activate the Spotify premium student plan, you will get access to create an account at HULU and SHOWTIME, if you do not have one or to log in to your present account. After that, you will be able to watch HULU with advertisements and SHOWTIME without advertisements, on their supported devices and to listen to Spotify’s music and podcasts. Besides, you can suspend the trial up to 3 times in 12 months as long as you are still a student.
Let us begin the tutorial to show you how to get spotify for students now.
You must be studying at an accredited college or university and be at least eighteen years old. Also, a third-party verification service called SheerID will verify if you are a student. See what you need to know at their student support page.
Steps to get Spotify for students
Follow these steps to get the Spotify Premium Student Plan.
- Go to the Spotify trial page to apply for the Student plan.
- Then click on “Get three months free”
- And enter your email and password to log into Spotify.
- But, if you don’t have an account, click on sign up for Spotify.
- Then create a new account using your University email address that ends at .edu.
- Next, Spotify will test your eligibility using a third-party verification service called SheerID. This organization will verify if you are a student.
- But if automatic verification did not work, you can verify by uploading your student identification manually to SheerID. See the requirements at the student support page.
- After a successful verification, you will have to enter your payment card details.
- So, type in the information Spotify needs.
- And then click on the “Start Premium” tab.
- You now have the Spotify Premium for Students free for 90 days.
- That is how to get spotify for students.
How to Activate Hulu on Spotify to put Hulu, SHOWTIME, and Spotify into a bundle and pay one bill
The next thing you should do is to activate an account at Hulu and SHOWTIME to enable you to enjoy their content. And to put Hulu, SHOWTIME, and Spotify into a bundle so that you will get only one bill. You can do the following things to achieve that aim.
- You should create an account if you do not have one or log in to your present account in the two service providers’ networks.
- First, make sure your email for the Hulu and Spotify are the same. If not, then change the Hulu email address.
- And then sign in to your Spotify account page and in Account Overview, Choose Activate Hulu. (You will see a message to switch to Spotify premium for students + Hulu and to activate both accounts.) You should follow this same method to activate SHOWTIME.
- After you activate both accounts together, you will be getting only one bill from Spotify after the free trial ends. And you will be able to watch HULU and SHOWTIME on their supported devices.
- That is how to get Spotify for students.
- And if you wish to get the remaining 9 months of the students discount at Spotify, you must re-verify your student status at SheerID to confirm that you are eligible (for the Student nine (9) months discount pricing).
- But you can do that, only after you start a subscription, as a paying subscriber.
Cancel your Spotify Premium Student Plan
You can cancel anytime on the Spotify account page.
- Click on subscription then change or cancel.
- Next, click on cancel premium
- And confirm it by selecting yes, cancel.
- You may also choose to cancel by filling this form and sending it to Spotify.
Spotify for Students: Conclusion
In this post, we explained how to get Spotify for students. You get it by subscribing to the premium student plan with your .edu email. And prove your eligibility by verifying your student status to a third-party verification organization. Once you are approved, you will have the student plan with a discount for 3 months. It gives you access to Spotify, Hulu and SHOWTIME content. And you must enter your credit card details to get the offer. But, you have the power to cancel your subscription before the trial expires.