If you are a researcher, particularly in the economics, sociology, political science, biomedicine and epidemiology fields, Stata will enable you to do your research with ease. Therefore to explore stata, in this post, you will learn how to download stata for students.
What is Stata? Stata was created in 1985 by the StataCorp. It has developed some statistical software that gives you all you need for data science and inference data. Also, their services are fast, accurate and you can use the information without any doubts. Furthermore, Stata’s new product is called Stata 16 and it has features ranging from lasso to Python. Stata has a free trial for professionals limited to 30 days, while the student license is valid for 7 days. So as a Student you can request for the short-term license and use it for your research paper.
But, if you need to use the software longer 7 days, then you may need to buy a license. You will need to use the student pricing to get a discount. However, to get the free student license, you will also need to provide your contact information by filling the form on the website. After the Stata officials have processed your request, you will receive an email. This mail will come with your download information and a license. The license is valid for seven days and it starts from the date your request was treated. Teachers and professors can also ask for a one-week course license to use the stata instructor short-term license requests for their students. Also, the software is compatible with Mac and Windows operating system. Therefore, allow us to give you the guideline on how to download stata for students immediately.
How to download stata for students
Minimum System requirements
Steps to get stata for students
- Go the student page at https://www.stata.com/customer-service/short-term-license/
- Fill the form with your personal details like first and last name, university, and choose your department from a drop-down menu.
- Next, enter your .edu email address and confirm it (because Stata will send the evaluation license to that email in the future.)
- Also, select who you are from a drop-down list.
- And then supply proof of student status. (You have to provide a link to your profile on your university’s website. This is to confirm your status.)
- Next, enter your instructor’s name, course name and description, address, city, state, postal code, and select country from a drop-down menu. You will need to contact their local distributor if you are not living in Canada or the US.
- Agree to receive emails and newsletters for six stata events. Just click on Select all button below the list.
- Do the reCAPTCHA test and pass it.
- And then click on Submit. With this,you have gotten stata for students.
Events after the submission of your application for software
- After the submission, you are through. Go to your email. Confirm it with the link from stata.
- At this point, you will get an electronic message on the same page you submitted the form requesting for an evaluation of Stata 16. It is the acknowledgment of the form you had submitted requesting an evaluation.
- Stata will ask you to give them 1 business day to send you the license and the information you will need to download the “short term license of Stata 16” software.
- And once they finish processing your request, you will receive an email with your download information and a license valid for 7 days.
- Here is a download guide.
- That is how to get stata for students.
- Also, this is the stata installation guide.
- Finally, go to their website and explore stata. Read the stata blog.
- You can also explore all the features of Stata.
Some spectacular features of Stata 16 you will enjoy during the Stata evaluation period
- The Lasso tool
- Reproducible reporting
- Choice models
- Furthermore, there is the Python integration
- Bayes—multiple chains, more
- Panel-data ERMs
- Import from SAS and SPSS
- Nonparametric series regression
- In addition, you have Multiple datasets in memory
- Sample-size analysis for CIs
- Panel-data mixed logit
In this article, you were able to learn how to download stata for students. You can get the software and download it to use for 7 days provided you are able to confirm your student status. And to confirm your status, you need to provide a link to your profile on your university’s website. But if you need to use Stata longer than 1 week, you may have to buy a license using student pricing.