In this post, you will learn how to download the SPSS student version of the IBM software and install it. SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) is computer software that provides a statistical analysis of data. It lets you have thorough data access and preparation, analytical reporting, graphics, and modeling.
For most universities that have access to the software, it is purely for teaching, learning, and for nonprofit research. So, the IBM SPSS License Agreement with universities does not cover computers owned by students. Therefore, students do not have access to it on their personal home computers. So, any student can buy an SPSS Statistics Grad Pack. It is the student edition of SPSS Statistics. Grad packs are inexpensive, single-user licenses that give students essential analytical tools to support their graduate and undergraduate studies.
Offers for SPSS student version
Also, IBM gives a discount of more than 90% when you compare it to the commercial subscription pricing. Besides, there are 3 editions of the latest release of the SPSS version 26 software. They are Base Edition, Standard Edition, and Premium Edition. The base edition features include descriptive statistics, correlation, crosstabs, frequencies, T-tests, and linear regression and clustering. Furthermore, the standard edition’s features are non-linear regression and mixed model analysis, and unit and multivariate techniques. While the Premium Edition offers all the features of SPSS Statistics 26. Therefore, getting the premium edition will enable you to carry out any type of analysis with the most sophisticated procedures available.
IBM also makes a free trial of this software available for you to use for 14 days. So, if you want to try that method to get access and test the product, it is simple to do. Just fill in your details on the trial page and follow the on-screen instructions to get it. But as a student, you need a lasting resource that you can use for at least one year. Therefore, let me explain how you can get the SPSS student version, download it, and then install it.
Features of SPSS software
- You are able to make decisions easily because you will have precise insights
- Find out hidden gems from data and accelerate analytic research
- Make use of an extensive range of analytics
- In addition, you have Planning, data collection, analysis, and reporting all in one product
- Finally, there is integration with open source.
How much does SPSS cost for students?
The price range for the software is from $35 to $99 per month for either the base edition, standard edition, and Premium Edition.
Steps to get the SPSS student version
SPSS version 26 is available and has all modules included. Also, IBM allows you to activate the license on 2 two computers for both Windows and macOS. Furthermore, when you purchase the license, you can get an immediate download of the software. After you buy the SPSS software from IBM accredited resellers, you will receive a link to your academic email. Besides, you can use software for up to 12 or 24 months with 24 hours and 7 days a week technical support
Downloading the SPSS student version
- Visit the page https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/spss-student-version-and-graduate-pack-resources and contact your vendor from the list on the page.
- And place your order for SPSS Grad Pack version 26 properly, and in less than 10 minutes, you will receive the download link on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Additionally, the size of the file depends on if it is a Windows or Mac version of the installer. But it ranges between 600 to 800 Megabytes.
- And it will take about 10 minutes to 30 minutes depending on how fast your internet connection is.
- So, open the email you got from the IBM Reseller and click on the SPSS download link.
- Next, Select the 32 bit or 64-bit link, and then enter your personal details
- So, choose that you “ have already purchased the license of the SPSS software?” and agree to Terms and conditions and Choose I am not a Robot, Then click submit.
- At this point, the software is downloaded to the bottom left side of a Google chrome browser. When it completes the download, you can get access to the file by clicking on the three horizontal dots and selecting downloads.
- On the Firefox browser click Save File and the download will start. To see the file downloading, in the download section, choose the arrow sign at the top right part of the browser to get access to the download,
- While for the Internet Explorer, choose Save to download the file, and then to get access to the file, click the wheel icon and select view downloads.
Steps to install the SPSS for students
- To run the software, locate the SPSS statistics installer from your browser and right-click on it, and choose Run it as Administrator.
- Next, click yes to allow the software to make changes to the computer.
- When the SPSS installer starts, select next, accept the terms of the agreement, and press next again.
- Then, select next to install the essentials of Python, and accept the Python agreement and choose next,
- Then click on Install. It takes 5 to 10 minutes to install.
- Leave the SPSS box checked, and click on Finish to open the License authorization wizard.
- And then click next and select Authorize user license and click next and then enter the Authorization code you got by email from the IBM Reseller.
- Just copy and paste the code into the slot for it on the installer and choose Next,
- Then, you will see a green authorization success message, so select next, and finally select finish.
- Go to your applications program to locate the installed SPSS program on your computer. And open it by clicking on it and begin to use it.
- That is how to get the SPSS student version of the IBM software.
In this article, we explained how to download the SPSS student version. Also, it is not free. You have to buy it at a discount from an authorized IBM reseller. After you buy software, they will send you a link by email for you to download and install it. And you can use a license for one year.
- How to download SAP2000 student version
- How to get Archicad student version
- Download Civil 3D student version