In this article, you will learn how to download Microsoft office student version and install it on your desktop computer. Microsoft has made a provision for students and educators that are eligible to have the Office 365 Education software for free. This is not a trial. This is because it will enable you to use the software free. Included in the Office 365 Education suite are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. The eligibility requirements include having a specific email address given to you by a school. For example, graduate.edu that is able to receive an external email. Also, you must be old enough to sign up for an online offer on your own. You must also have access to the Internet.
Furthermore, immediately you download the office suite, you have access to powerful tools and files and real-time update. More so, you will be able to use it on Android, iOS or Windows devices to work. For instance, you can use one note to organize class materials and easily collaborate with other students and colleagues. Additionally, you can enter conversations and collaborate in real-time without limits using your Office 365 Education suite functionalities.
Other functions include using School Data Sync to create classes and groups for teams in the school. Moreover, you can use tools like One Drive, Teams, and Skype to communicate with teaching communities, school staff and build a classroom where students collaborate to learn using Office 365 Education software.
Therefore, in this article, we will explain how you can download and install the Microsoft Office student version for use on your desktop. Let us start now.
Minimum system requirement
You can follow the link below to confirm whether your device meets the minimum system requirements for the “Office 365 for education an so on. https://products.office.com/en-us/office-system-requirements.
Features of the Office 365 Education suite
- You have One place for organizing your work
- Get access to powerful tools
- Gain access anytime, anywhere, from any device
- Make class management Simple
- save time and money using integrated tools
- prepare your students for success today and tomorrow
- use the Cloud services to create a modern classroom
Steps for getting the Microsoft office student version
- Go to Microsoft 365 education page at https://www.Microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office
- Type in your school email address (that is the email you got from your school or university). Then hit on the get started button.
- In the next page tap “I am a student”, but if you are a teacher, select teacher.
- At this point, Microsoft will greet you. Telling you that “you have account already”. So go ahead and select “sign-in”, to get the Microsoft office 365
- Again, sign in with your school email address
- At this point, you will get a message that says ” there is no need to sign up” stating that you already have a license for Microsoft office 365 Education. So, tap on “ok, got it” button
- Next, is to install office apps. Therefore, look to the top right side of your screen and click on a drop-down menu and select office 2016. When you do that, you will see Microsoft Office 365 begin to download immediately.
- That is how to download Microsoft office student version.
To install the Microsoft office 365 student version
- To install the full package that comes with applications like Microsoft Excel, Access or PowerPoint and so on, choose “other install options”
- Then, from the drop-down menu, select your language, your system platform that is 32 or 64 bit.
- Also, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Microsoft office 365 for education.
- Finally, you may restart the software, and then begin to use your new Microsoft office student version.
In this article, we showed you how to download Microsoft office student version and install it for your desktop computer for Windows operating system. Also, to start the process and get the free office 365 software, you must have a valid email from an eligible school and be of legal age to sign up for the service online and have access to the internet.
- Steps to download Microsoft Word for Students (Windows/Mac)
- How to Download Microsoft Excel for students (Windows & Mac)