Download Microsoft Excel for students and install it on your desktop computer. Microsoft has made a provision for students and educators that are eligible to have the Office 365 Education software for free. This is not a trial so, you can use the software free if you are eligible. Included in the suite are Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus additional classroom tools. The eligibility requirements include having a specific email address given to you by a school. For example, a (graduate.edu) email address that is able to receive an external email. Also, you must be old enough to sign up for an online offer on your own and have access to the Internet. Besides, immediately you download the Office Suite, you will have access to powerful tools and files that update real-time.
And students and educators are able to use Android, iOS or Windows devices to work. For instance, you can use your OneNote to organize class materials and easily collaborate with other students and colleagues. In addition, you can enter conversations and collaborate in real-time without limits using your Office 365 functionalities. Other features include using School Data Sync to create classes and groups for teams in the school. Moreover, you can use tools like One Drive, Teams, and Skype to communicate with teaching communities, school staff and create a classroom where students unite to learn using Microsoft Office Education software. Therefore, to give you fast access to these Microsoft tools and the Excel software, we will explain how you can download and install Excel for students to your desktop PC. Let us start now.
How to download Excel for students
Minimum system requirement
You can follow the link below to confirm whether your device meets the minimum system requirements for the Office 365 education software on https://products.office.com/en-us/office-system-requirements.
Features of the Office 365 Education
- You have One place for organizing your work
- Get access to powerful tools
- Gain access anytime, anywhere, from any device
- Make class management Simple
- save time and money using integrated tools
- prepare your students for success today and tomorrow
- use the Cloud services to create a modern classroom
Steps for downloading Excel for students
- Visit the Microsoft 365 Education page at https://www.Microsoft.com/en-us/education/products/office
- Type in your school email address (that is the email you got from your school or university). And then hit on the get started button.
- In the next page, choose that “I am a student” but if you a teacher select teacher.
- At this point, Microsoft will great you. Telling you that “you have an account already”. So go ahead and select “sign-in” to access the student account.
- Again, sign in with your school email address.
- At this point, you will get a message that says “there is no need to sign up” stating that you already have a license for Microsoft office 365 Education. So, tap on “ok, got it button.
- Next, is to install the Office Apps. Therefore, look to the top right side of your screen and click on a drop-down menu and select Office 2016. When you do that, you will see Microsoft Office 365 begin to download immediately.
- That is how to download Excel for students.
- However, after downloading the software, the next thing you should do is to install it.
To install Excel for students using the Microsoft Office 365 Education
- To install the full package that comes with programs like Microsoft Excel, Access or PowerPoint for students and so on, choose “other install options”.
- Then from a drop-down menu, choose your language, and your system platform that is either 32 or 64-bit computer.
- And then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Microsoft Office on your computer.
- At the end of the installation exercise, you can restart the computer and then begin to use your new Microsoft excel for students software.
In this article, we showed you how to download Excel for students and install it on your desktop computer for Windows operating system. To download the free Office 365 student version, you must have a valid email from an eligible school and be of legal age to sign up for the service online. And then, have access to the internet. Besides, this suite contains the Microsoft excel that you need. Enjoy your free student software.