This post is on how to get Amazon Prime Video Student. If you love video and entertainment apart from Netflix and others, you now have Amazon Prime. In this post, we will show you how to get Amazon Prime Video for students and how to cancel if you wish to do so.
What is Amazon Prime Student? is a membership plan that Amazon has provided solely for college students. If you sign up for Amazon prime video student membership, you will receive a six-month trial and get a discount on Amazon Prime. Besides the standard cost of the Prime Student monthly membership is $6.49 and annual membership costs $59. However, you will have Prime benefits like Free Two-Day Shipping on over 50 million items, unlimited streaming of Prime movies and TV shows, unlimited photo storage with Prime Photos.
Also, you will get 20% off pre-order and new release video games, exclusive deals and savings, and so on for four years or until you leave school. In addition, when the six months trial ends, you will be eligible to receive 50% off Amazon Prime which includes your right to have all the Prime benefits. Then, after you graduate or when the fourth year ends, your Prime Student membership subscription will be renewed automatically. It will be into a full paid subscription for Amazon Prime at the prevailing rates but now $119 per year. To join this membership program immediately, here is a step by step guide for signing up for Amazon prime video student.
Amazon Prime Student benefits
- prime video
- and prime reading
- early access to deals
- prime music
- amazon photos
- prime exclusives
- audible channels
- prime delivery
Steps for signing up for the Amazon Prime Video student membership program
- Visit Amazon trial page and click on “Start your 6-month trial” or click Prime Student sign-up.
- And then enter your email or phone number and sign in if you have an existing Amazon account
- But, if you don’t have an account then create an account. Enter our name (.edu) email address and the year you will graduate and submit the form. Then, Amazon will send you an email for verification of your claim to be a student.
- So, click on the verification link in the e-mail from Amazon to confirm your e-mail address and finalize the sign-up process.
- But if you don’t have a (.edu) email address, then send your school ID or class list to firstname.lastname@example.org. Doing so will enable Amazon to verify you and enable you to get a prime student membership even if you do not have a.edu email address.
- And once you finish the verification of your .edu email address, the next thing is to add a payment method. So, enter a valid credit card to your account. (Doing that will enable Amazon to charge your account after the 6 months trial comes to an end. But, if you don’t want to continue with your membership you may cancel the account before the 6 months trial ends.)
- And then enter a billing and shipping address plus a phone number.
- And finally, you can start the free trial.
- That is how to get the Amazon Prime Video student membership.
How to cancel Prime Student membership
If you wish to cancel your Prime Student membership, do so before the trial period of 6 months ends. Follow these steps:
- Log on to Prime Central.
- And click on End Membership.
- Then click on End My Benefits.
- Finally, click on End Membership.
In this article, we explored how to join the Amazon Prime Video student membership program. To join the program, you need to go to the Amazon trial page. Enter your college email, verify it. Then, enter your credit card to start the 6 months trial. You may cancel within the period of the trial to avert recurrent billing.