Angular latest release: Overview
The Angular framework can be used to develop single scale projects to enterprise ones. Updating Angular to its latest version is quite easy. After downloading the Angular latest version, you will be able to have access to all of its recent developments and features. It is a very popular platform with millions of users. Angular is popular among developers because of its wonderful features and functionalities. It has features like declarative templates, dependency injection, and end-to-end tooling that you can use to solve any difficulty that arises when developing an application.
Downloading Angular latest version
If you want to keep developing stunning and sophisticated single-page apps, then you will need to download or update the latest version of Angular. This is quite easy to do. The first step will be to go to the official website of Angular. Once on the page, click on the “Get Started” button on the page and another page will load. Select the local setup option to proceed. The next page will guide you on how you can set up the local environment of Angular. This will show you all the details on how to set up the framework.
However, if you already have Angular set up, you can get the latest version by clicking on update Angular. This page will show you the step to step details on how to update Angular. You will be able to update the application by running a simple code:
(ng update @angular/cli@^<major_version>@angular/core@^<major_version>)
Follow all the instructions on the page and you will have Angular up and running on your system. You can also check the Angular guide for all relevant information related to updating. You will be able to know your options on how to go about updating the app.
Features of Angular latest version
There are tons of features that are available to users on the latest version of Angular. Some of their impressive features are:
- Angular CLI
- Code Splitting
- Code Generation
- Progressive web applications
History of Angular versions
The latest and recent version of the Angular framework was in 2019. Angular has a version from two to eight. Below is the history of every Angular version:
- Angular 2: This version introduced lots of changes to the former version of the framework. It was written again in Typescript and became component-based.
- Angular 4: This brought about the introduction of Angular CLI 1.0.0. It made it possible to render applications built using the platform outside the web browser.
- Angular 5-6: The fifth and sixth version was mainly about optimizing compiler work and Angular CLI.
- Angular 7: With this, CLI was more intuitive. It began to provide tips explaining the functions and purposes of the elements. The performance and size of code were majorly improved too.
- Angular 8: This is the latest version of Angular and it brought about two elements – Ivy renderer and Bazel. Additionally, the differential loading useful for uploading web bundles also went through a major improvement. It is now fast and easier to upload content.
Finally, the latest version of Angular comes with major improvements and functionalities. Angular is a popular platform among developers and it helps to build professional web applications. This post has given you the instructions on how to update the Angular application and all of its dependencies. Lastly, you will be able to access the recent version by running the code written above in this post.