Getting to know one’s origin could be a matter of great importance for some people while for others, it does not matter. But if you have ever felt like knowing your roots Ancestry.com will be of great help. In this article, I will explain how to get Ancestry student discount.
What is Ancestry?
It is an online company in the USA having the largest commercial genealogical company. Ancestry has historical records and a website that helps people to trace their genealogy on a subscription basis. In the platform, you can either build a family tree to help you understand your genealogy or use the Ancestry DNA test and uncover your origins. Also, you can combine both strategies for faster results. Furthermore, a family tree takes you back generations. And using the world’s largest collection of online records makes it possible.
Besides, the Ancestry DNA test will give you much more than just the places you are from. The test uncovers exact geographic details and clear-cut historical insights that link you to the places in the world. And points to where your story started from, unique regions and living relatives. Ancestry does not give student discount but the Ancestry deals page has two coupons.
You have a 14-day trial and a 30% off Ancestry World Explorer for AARP members. In addition, some other websites are promoting Ancestry promo codes. Also, other coupons and discounts are available on a regular basis, on these websites. However, to get the Ancestry student benefits, you need to have a student ID to verify your status. To go further in this post, let me show you the steps to get Ancestry student discount now.
Steps to get Ancestry student discount using a free trial
- First, visit the Ancestry website and click on Log in, and then below the Sign In icon, click on the Sign-Up Today, free link and enter your personal information.
- Then follow on-the screen instructions to, open an account.
- Next, confirm your account by clicking on the link in the Ancestry email sent to you after signing up.
- Next, visit the Ancestry deals page at https://www.ancestry.com/cs/coupons
- And so Click on the “Get deal button”.
- On the new page, click on “Get discount”. A pop shows that you can get a 30% AARP discount if you have an existing Word Explorer Plan, that you are renewing.
- But, if you are a new subscriber to Ancestry, you can receive the discount on the first year of your subscription only. First, make sure you join AARP. And then call Ancestry for help on the discount on Member Services at 1-800-514-4645.
- Also, follow the steps below to start a free trial for 14 days.
- Go on and choose a membership type. (Out of US Discovery, World Explorer, and All Access.)
- And then, enter your payment method. You may pay with a Credit or Debit card and PayPal.
- Enter your payment details and then click on proceed to check out.
- Also, review your information and click Order Now.
- That is all you need to do to have the Ancestry free trial for 14 days.
- At the end of the trial, your credit card will be charged unless you cancel the trial before it expires.
- Explore the website. Start with lesson 1.
Ancestry pricing and plans
The Ancestry subscription price for a US membership costs $19.99 a month, or if you sign up for 6 months, $99.00. You can learn more.
Getting Ancestry student discount using a promo code
- You may try this website at https://www.studentsdiscounts.org/coupons/ancestry-student-discount
- Review the page and then select the offer that meets your needs. And click on Get code.
- A page opens that displays the percentage discount on offer. You also need to copy the code and paste it into the Ancestry page during check out. Then click continue to Ancestry page.
- Then you can click on “Get started”. Also, you can click on “Explore Ancestry DNA”.
- And then click on the Start my Free trial
- To register, create a free account by entering your first and last name, an email address and a password and then click on Continue.
- Also, verify your account by opening your email and clicking on the link from Ancestry.com
- After this, you will be redirected to continue signing up for the free trial.
- Depending on the coupon code you can choose a membership type. (Out of US Discovery, World Explorer, and All Access.)
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to paste your Promo code, enter your payment details and get your student discount. (They accept Credit card, Debit card or PayPal.)
- Also, to get the Ancestry student discount, you need to verify your status with a student ID.
- That is all you need to get the Ancestry free trial for 14 days.
- At the end of the trial, Ancestry will charge your credit card unless you cancel the trial before it expires.
- Explore the website. Start with lesson 1.
In the post, we explored how to get Ancestry student discount. Ancestry as at now is not offering a discount to students. However, on its website, you can explore a free trial and a 30% AARP discount to new members that join Ancestry. Also, there are third-party websites promoting the Ancestry student discount, you can investigate how authentic they are and try one. But, you should cancel your trial if you do not want to be charged for a full month’s subscription when the trial ends.