In this post, we are going to share how to download McAfee free for students. What is McAfee Antivirus? McAfee antivirus software keeps your computer safe from viruses, malicious code, worms, spyware, bots, and Trojans. It also protects your email account from spammers, phishing attacks, malicious websites, and other threats too numerous to mention. It is a fact that universities and colleges use internet security and antivirus software. So, if your school uses McAfee, you are in luck. Furthermore, the McAfee software safeguards you from Identity Theft. Other features include protecting you from brand new malware and viruses using its automatic weekly updates.
McAfee offers both premium internet security and anti-virus protection. And for students, you can have free protection but you must get it by using your school ID to download the premium software or go to McAfee directly and download the free trial. Let us see the process you can follow to get the free McAfee for students’ antivirus right away.
McAfee free for students – Devices and system requirements
You can use McAfee Total Protection on laptops, desktops, tablets, and mobile devices. And you can get the operating system compatibility report on their System Requirements page.
Steps to download the free McAfee for students
You will require your NetID and password. A NetID is a combination of your username and password to access your University services.
- To begin the process of getting McAfee for students free, first, uninstall any antivirus programs from your device if you had one.
- Next, go to the McAfee Student Download Page for your university or college and follow the steps below.
- Click the round button close to the download for your operating system. And select either Windows or Mac operating systems.
- Now study the terms and conditions listed on the page. And click on a checkbox to agree to their terms. Note that if you disagree then you will not get access to download the software.
- After that, click on the Download McAfee Icon at the bottom of the screen.
- And then enter your University or college NetID in the field provided for it and also enter your password for the NetID and enter the security code image.
- Finally, click on Login.
- At this point, you now have the software downloaded to your computer. So, save the file on the download folder.
- And then follow prompts to install McAfee antivirus on your devices.
- That is how to download McAfee free for students.
McAfee free for students – How to activate a free trial
For students to also enjoy the free services that McAfee offer, they should also follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.mcafee.com/ and just click on the download my free trial button select your operating system and then the installer will download automatically. So click on save the file on your download folder.
- And to install, first create an account at Mcafee with your email and password and install your McAfee Total Protection to begin your 30-day free trial of the antivirus and security features.
- Also, you can protect all devices like Windows, Mac OS, iOS, and Android too. And the best part is that McAfee does not need your credit card to activate the free trial.
- During the trial, you will enjoy all the software features of McAfee Total Protection, such as antivirus, web protection, password manager, file encryption and identity theft protection, and so on.
Students can also enjoy this McAfee free offer.
Benefits of McAfee Internet Protection and Antivirus Software
- Award-winning Virus Protection
- Performance Optimization
- Keep your PC running like new
- Multi-device, Cross-platform Access
- Always-available Online Security Experts
- Home Network Protection
- Safe Web Browsing
- Safe Family
- Identity Theft Protection
- Password Manager
- Encrypted Storage
McAfee for students free: Conclusion
In this post, we explored how to download McAfee free for students. You can get the software, by visiting your university or college McAfee Student Download Page and following simple steps. Also, you will need your NetID and password and pass the security code image. Besides, once you are cleared, you can download and install the software on your computer. You can also have a 30-day free trial to test the product, in case your college doesn’t have a campus-wide subscription. Enjoy your free internet security and antivirus protection.